To get more details on the expedition click here
To get the latest expedition news and follow the team during the adventure don't forget to subscribe to:
- The Blog
- Expedition led by Luc Hardy
- Luc will embark in this journey with eight men and women from France, England and Switzerland, all coming from varied backgrounds: scientist, polar guide, professional adventurers, soldiers, sportsmen and cameraman.
- Departure : Ushuaia on Oct 9
- Return : Nov 15, 2014.
- This Pax Arctica expedition has two main objectives:
- To retrace Shackleton’s 800-mile route between Elephant Island and the island of South Georgia (including climbing/trekking across the island as his group did), and
- To collect scientific data, including oceanographic (CO2, temperature, salinity, current, etc.) and fauna, flora and soil observations and samples.
The Pax Arctica Initiative was created to promote awareness of the threats facing the Arctic regions, to convey a global message of peace and to support the introduction of new ecological regulations for the Arctic region. Luc Hardy is the leader of the Initiative, he is and adventurer, author, and member of the Explorers Club. Graduated from Centrale Paris, he is president of Sagax, a US-based investment and management advisory firm.
Luc Hardy is the leader of the Pax Arctica Initiative (see bio). Luc is also the author of several books reporting on observations and changes in polar regions.
More details about the books here